It has become ever so popular to paint kitchen cabinets and dramatically update the look of your space. If your taste has changed, or you want to keep up with recent trends, we can help. Our team can take the outdated stained wood cabinets and transform them into something you’ll love even more. The process of painting kitchen cabinets is very important. Below are the steps our team takes to ensure they are done right and will last.
1. Remove and Label Doors and Drawer Faces. These will be taken to our shop to be prepped (more on this in a moment) and sprayed to give a great finished look.
2. Clean, De-gloss/Sand, Caulk Gaps & Holes in the Cabinet Boxes. The doors and drawer faces will receive the same care prior to the prime coat.
3. Prime Doors, Drawer Faces, and Box Faces with a coat of oil-based primer to ensure proper adhesion, as well as prevent tannins in the wood from bleeding through.
4. Apply multiple finish coats (depending on the color chosen) after allowing adequate dry time. A light sand will be done between coats to ensure your project looks amazing.
5. Reinstall Doors & Drawer Faces and attach handles & hardware once completed and fully cured. If you wish to change out the handles, our team can fill any previous holes and drill new ones as well!